Thursday, December 08, 2016

Art About Town: Orinda... "Asymmetic Nouveau Victorian Chair" By Colin Selig

"Asymmetric Nouveau Victorian Chair"
By Colin Selig

"The idea is salvation by imagination."

~Frank Lloyd Wright

"Mutha Hen"
By Eileen Fitz- Faulkner

Isn't that chair just the cutest thing? It's not just a pretty blue chair, it's a neat piece of public art! There are actually two of these blue chairs, that sit fairly close to each other in front of the shops along Moraga way, in the town of Orinda, California. There are several pieces art in the general area, including a gorgeous brown hen, which I posted about last October!

I love visiting Orinda, which sits just on the east side of the Caldecott tunnel, just outside Berkeley, and I wish I could get by more often, but it is another one of the places I had to give up when we moved to the Central Valley. I have gained so much in the move, new little towns to explore and learn about, and I have a good time with that, but I never forget places I fell in love with, when I lived in the Bay Area, like Orinda.

It looks like a blink from the freeway, but it has so much to offer! A great movie theater, some wonderful shops at Theater Square. Yummy restaurants, and definitely cool public art! And in autumn, it absolutely bursts with beautiful bright spicy colors! The leaves there are fabulous! Visit there one day, if you are in the area, it's great!

 Leaf Of The Day
December 8th 2016



Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: