Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Pow! ZING! Zooom! OOF!

 

"Precisely, Robin!"

~Batman ( Adam West )





Why isn't there anything remotely cool like this anymore? Yes, I know, I know, there have been many blockbuster films with the caped crusader since 1968, but doggonit nothing as cool as the kitschy original series. Adam West's, Bruce Wayne, was so dorky, and so unbelievably HOT at the same time, and there wasn't anything like it on TV! Plus, the attention to comic page graphics just sold the whole thing, didn't it? It was TV perfection when I was a kid, along with Star Trek, The Monkees and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea.

Things are now bigger, and louder, and feature superstars and it's also so much darker, and depressing at times. Why can't there just be some fun. Now, I will admit that I was thrilled with Michael Keaton's turn as Batman, and I loved Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman, even Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze was awesome, but the cynicism takes hold is too much for my liking. Oh well, maybe I am just old, and spending too much time back in the, I remember in my time, nonsense, but to ask an honest question, couldn't we use some superhero fun, that doesn't remind you of the we live every day now? And wouldn't it be great if the bad guy got his, in under 23 minutes... or 90 days as of today?

90 days to go until the midterm election.
 Batman do you see the signal?

"Holy atomic pile, Batman"
~Robin ( Burt Ward )




Note: This clip runs in a 12 minute loop, but it's the best audio version of this Batman commercial on YouTube. 





No comments: