"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
~Jim Rohn
So, this weekend was fun! Well, no, not really, but it was interesting. Late last week I started not feeling well, my stomach was crampy, and it was exceptionally painful. I wasn't able to do basic bodily functions, use your imagination, so I bought some over the counter remedy... which didn't work. Ugh. But Friday night things got kicked up a notch when I started vomiting clear liquid with bile in it, and ooh, lookie there, I had a fever! Not too high of a fever, just enough to be interesting. My blood pressure also spiked, and my is that bile in my vomit I see? So... okay... it was time to call the advice nurse. So I did. I gave her all my symptoms, she consulted with an on-call doctor, who said I needed to go the nearest emergency room. Pronto. So I did.
We got there a little before midnight, and all around me was the usual sights and sounds. People, like me, vomiting, and talking about the fact that they had been exposed to Covid. YIKES! Because regardless of what was wrong with me in the moment, it didn't help things to know that I had now, definitely, been exposed to Covid-19. GOD! There were folks who looked almost like they weren't ill at all, and then there were folks who were kicking drugs. And others still who didn't look like they would make it through the night, let alone survive sitting up in a packed emergency room for hours on end!
Sigh.
It was a Friday night in an emergency room.
I got two bracelets for my troubles at check in. One that displayed my ID, and the other flagged for all my allergies... and there are a few! Mostly sulfa class antibiotics, and other assorted food allergies. So, as I said I was all set, and waiting for the doctor. Good. Help was on the way. The pain would be gone soon. So we waited. And waited. And waited. Pretty soon 4 and 1/2 hours went by without being called, but somewhere nearby they were giving out blankets, because it was freezing where they put us. Why did they move us? Because a man near me was kicking drugs so bad that he was apparently seeing demons.
We finally left. I am home feeling like shit. Running a fever and wondering... was it food poisoning from the scary Chipotle meal that was delivered through Uber Eats? More on that later. Was or is it the Norovirus? Covid-19? Cyclospora that hasn't been reported? I just don't know. I really don't. And now I hear that Trump is planning to invade the market with "mystery meat." Folks, learn to live without beef for a while, you have a right to know what goes into your body. I have something really wrong going on and I don't know why. I am fairly sure I will be fine in a few days, at least I hope so. But it's so discouraging to do everything your told to do when handling food. You pressure yourself on food safety, and I still ended up with Covid-19 twice, and whatever this is!
Folks there is something coming, and Trump will never admit when it's here.
But can we all avoid what's coming? I just don't know.



1 comment:
Same here in Virginia. I am SO far behind. No time for editing.
Post a Comment