"A different language is a different vision of life."
~Federico Fellini
The cats ran across my computer keyboard again! You see, it was all about the nom noms that were sitting on my desk. This is a fairly long story, but I will try to shorten it a bit. Temptations Cat Treats, are a big hit in our house. They have been for many years. Dylan, in particular, loved them. Joey loved them too, but it wasn't until we tried the dairy flavored yummies that he became a true believer. Temptations seems like a great product, and it makes the boys happy, but with the price of things, well, it's getting way too expensive to keep buying them treats. That fact saddened me. Joey asks for so little. Those treats perk him right up, and he seems to get a little extra pep in his step when he has some in the afternoon. Joey misses his best friend, Hendrix, he just never got over him, so any little thing to make him happy, I'll do. Who else am I going to spoil?
Oh right, Simon and Tyler. I am currently spoiling them too. So back to the point, I had to figure something out. And I did. Back in the 80's, on an episode of Roseanne, Roseanne's kids were sure that they'd hate having to eat an off brand cereal. Yuck, who would want to eat cereal from those big bulk bags, after all, Kellogg's Corn Flakes are clearly much more tasty then any other brand, especially the knock-off variety. Then came the big shock, Roseanne had been buying the bulk cereal, and pouring it into the original empty cereal boxes! WOW! What a crappy, yet economical idea! So, while I hate the deception, and the lying to of one's own children, folks had to stretch a dollar in the 80's too any way possible. So, instead of buying their nom noms at $8 a container, I tried purchasing a 3lb bag of the regular, dry cat food, and pouring the tidbits into empty cat treat containers! And... as you might expect... they had no idea that it wasn't their favorite expensive noms.
Now I know what you're thinking, they're cats, of course they didn't know the difference, well, you don't own my cats! They are not easy to fool, but for some reason it worked this time. In fact it worked a little too well! I had two full containers sitting on my desk, for nom nom time before bed, but one of my little goons waited until I went to bed, and lifted the lid on the container, with I assume, their nose, and helped himself to a little extra midnight snack. And as they enjoyed their ill gotten gains, they decided to spend a little time, driving my AI Copilot a little wacky and a bit sarcastic! One thing I will give my boys, they didn't make a mess, they didn't knock anything over, they just did a little keyboard surfing. I suspect that Simon was the ring leader. He's scary smart sometimes, but it's all good. I love the moments my kids give me. We just made a new memory... what could be wrong about that?



No comments:
Post a Comment