Monday, April 01, 2024

The Cliff Swallows Have Returned To Thornton Road

 

 

When the Swallows Return To Capistrano

By Leon T. Rene


When the swallows come back to Capistrano

That's the day you promised to come back to me
When you whispered, "Farewell" in Capistrano
T'was the day the swallows flew out to the sea

All the mission bells will ring
The chapel choir will sing
The happiness you'll bring
Will live in my memory

When the swallows come back to Capistrano
That's the day I pray that you'll come back to me!


 I don't live in Capistrano, of course, I live in Stockton, but just as
 when the Cliff swallows to Capistrano, they also return to Thornton road. 
Under the HWY 5 free underpass to be exact! They are beautiful birds, 
with a tiny, but mighty voice. I am glad they are here. It was a beautiful sunny
sunny day today, and it was as zen as it gets with these lovely birds built their
home! They came all the way from Mexico and other places in South
America, up to 7,000 mile travelers. They are small, but so mighty! When 
swallows return to Thornton road, I am happy again. It's not really spring
without them. 
 

 Nope the photo is not upside down, the birds are!
 
:)

 

No comments: