Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Macarons

 

“It isn’t magic, but who’s never felt better after a cookie?”
~Rosie Pease
 
I tried a new cookie the other day, the gorgeous French cookie, Macarons. I had seen the cookie in movies, television and in magazines, and I always found them pretty and elegant. I am not sure why I never tried making them when I was baking during Covid-19 and the Trump administration. Shrug. I don't know, maybe that should be something I try. Cookies are a lot easier to make as opposed to cake because dear hubby hates most forms of cake. In fact, he is not really a sweets eater, but he does enjoy a cannoli. So, when I do make these, I am going to go for a filling as close to cannoli as possible. These cookies are great as an afternoon snack, with tea. They are crunchy on the outside, and like a nougat on the inside. I got mine at Costco, the brand is Le Chic, and with a $4 off coupon they are well worth it! The cookie flavors are Raspberry, Pistachio,  Lemon, Vanilla, Salted Caramel and Chocolate. My favorites are the Raspberry and Chocolate, but I wouldn't turn any of then down.
 
 
(Better Homes And Gardens) 
 
 
 

No comments: