Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Half Way To October

 
“October knew, of course, that the action of turning a page,
 of ending a chapter or shutting a book, did not end the tale.
Having admitted that, he would also avow that happy endings were never difficult to find: "It is simply a matter," he explained to April, "of finding a sunny place in a garden, where the light is golden and the grass is soft; somewhere to rest, to stop reading, and to be content.”
 
~Neil Gaiman,
 
 
 I have mentioned before, that I had never really seen clouds before I moved to the San Joaquin Valley, so every time I see a day as stunning as this, no matter what season it is, my heart skips a beat! I think the light is a little prettier in autumn, but its hard to deny that sunny days in April hold a magic all their own, days that rival the perfect days of October. If only there could be leaves of autumn, in all the earth tones of my favorite season, could be found in spring as well. All the trees are producing one color... green. A nice color, but not nearly as beautiful, emotional and filled of personality as autumn as the autumn leaves are. We are six months away from my favorite seasons return, and I can't wait, but in the mean time, this isn't bad either! I will just focus on the clouds and the wildflowers until October returns!
 

 

 
 

No comments: