Monday, April 22, 2024

California Quail

 
“Birds are the eyes of Heaven.” 
 
~Suzy Kassem
 
In case you didn't notice, I took a few days off to... well... get ready for the trial of Donald Trump. Yesterday, we paid a visit to Bodega Bay and, of course, did some birding and it sure did pay off! I found this gorgeous California Quail, a bird I look forward to every spring, and I also found about 5 additional birds! One of them, a completely new bird that I had never seen before. The Red-necked grebe. I will post his pic later this week. Right now the day belongs to this quail. He was a treat. He sat on that branch, with the beautiful blue water behind him, and sang his little song, and in those moments everything was just about perfect! By the way, I've used that quote before, because my gosh, it nails it!
 

 

No comments: