Friday, December 22, 2023

How I Spent My Last Day Of Autumn 2023 (Part One)

 

"I pray this winter will be gentle and kind,
 a season of rest from the wheel of the mind."
 
 ~John Geddes
 
Autumn is gone, I accept that, I am not bargaining anything, but how can I not notice the last remaining beauty of a season so full of character? Watching starlings fly in and out of a tree, with only a handful of leaves left, can be an absolutely transcendent way to spend a break from the nonsense of the world, and I did just that on Thursday. I knew it wouldn't take long to find the last moments of Autumn. Winter was not in everything yet. Autumn was all around me, starting with those awesome starlings. Lodi can be a charming place sometimes. Okay, so Lodi isn't completely fucking worthless. Shrug.
 



No comments: