Sunday, December 03, 2023

A Bunch Of Leaves In A Tree

 

“Stay I whisper to him. Stay in the car. Stay in this moment.
 But of course he never does.”
 
~Laura Nowlin,
 
 

I always speak quietly to my birds. I always ask them to be nice and let me get the picture. Like this one, I asked him to be still, just for a few seconds. I got two photos of the bird, before it was on it's way to another late afternoon perch. He looked like autumn. From afar he looked like a bunch of leaves in the tree, waiting to fall. But after a moment, or so, he flew off on a gust of autumn breeze. I didn't get a picture of his lift off and flight, because I decided to put the camera down, and enjoy the moment. Red-shouldered Hawks are gorgeous inflight! It's good for the body and mind to live in the moment during autumn.
 

 

No comments: