Thursday, October 12, 2023

Autumn Comes, Autumn Falls + Autumn Leaf #21

 
“You cannot move forward in the real world
if you cannot see the real world.
You cannot find the beauty in the world
if all you see is its adornment.

Autumn comes.
Autumn falls.
Autumn leaves.
The world turns fire
and burns off all that is fading.” 

~Shellen Lubin 
 

My photography is moving along okay, despite being distracted by the ongoing middle east conflicts. Our own politics in the United States. The project with making the spare bedroom into a pleasant laptop room/game room, moving along as slow as molasses, and the slow arrival of most of the birds. Its really strange. Today I counted 5 Snow Geese, but last year there wasn't a single one until October 31st, when one adult and one juvenile showed up on Desmond road. This year the first ones, a pair, showed up at the end of August. It was a great Halloween surprise, but then I didn't see another one until weeks later. The Sandhill cranes came in almost 2 weeks later than usual as well. There are all kinds of birds that haven't made it here yet. I dunno, maybe I am just being impatient. I don't know why I should be, as long as I have that gorgeous Red-shouldered Hawk to play with. 

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #21
 




No comments: