Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Sandwich 23152


 "One of the most important things you can do on this earth
 is to let people know they are not alone."
 
~Shannon L. Alder
 

Sandwich 23152
 
One day, late last year, I was in Sacramento doing some autumn leaf photography, when I spotted a sandwich lying on top of a parking meter. I didn't touch it, obviously, so I don't know what kind of sandwich it was, or who placed it there, but I have a suspicion that it was put there to help feed the homeless in, and near, the park. The particular park sits across from the Crocker Museum. But that's just a guess on my part. If true I approve. Empathy is something that isn't practiced enough in this world. No child born aspires to be homeless, and we have no idea what each individual struggle was, so if we can just remember that it could happen to any one of us, perhaps homelessness will one day decline by real numbers, but as long as it remains ignored or treated with ignorance then we are are causing the very thing we revile and fear.
 

 
 
 

No comments: