Monday, November 28, 2022

Autumn Leaf Of The Day #68

 

"No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
 as I have seen in one autumnal face."
 
~John Donne
The Complete Poetry and Selected Prose
 
And just look at that face! A green leaf in the waning days of autumn. The autumn of autumn. Beautiful. But today I am thinking about Christmas. It's time to start buying presents, and I have NO IDEA what to get, as usual, for dear hubby. He is the hardest person to buy a gift for that I have ever encountered. I have been blowing the fine art of Christmas presenting, when it comes to him, for 32 years now and beyond! I ask him what he wants, and I get grunts! So, dumb presents make their way under the tree, while I get absolute gold! Arrgh! So, I have no doubt this year will be any different, but I have an idea from Shutterfly, so maybe all will not be lost. We will see. I will let you know on December 26th!
 
I love this time of year. I really do.
 And this year I feel more like myself. One day at a time, right?
 


~Me
 

No comments: