Friday, August 26, 2022

The After David Is Released

Andrew Harnik 
AP/Shutterstock

 "A president cannot defend a nation
 if he is not held accountable to it's laws."

~DaShanne Stokes

The title of this post is, "The After David Is Released." It refers to an SNL skit that aired just after the 2020 election. See, a young woman in Michigan claimed, through a signed affidavit, that election irregularities had taken place and that she had been a witness to it. The lady was pretty unbelievable, and because of that, she ended up in a skit about her testimony and subsequent statements to the press. I never forgot that in the skit, Cecily Strong referred to the woman's signed statement as an "after David" rather than an affidavit. It made me laugh. Those were better days. Some of the elements of Donald Trump's BIG LIE were actually laugh out loud funny, such as Rudy Guiliani indicating that he would be holding a presser at The Four Seasons, which turned out to not be the famous hotel, but rather The Four Season's Landscaping company. The owners were just as astonished as the rest of us. Huh? Anyway, this post isn't about the subject of the BIG LIE, it's about Trump having taken classified documents into his civilian life, and stored them at his resort home in Florida.

Sigh.

What the actual fuck? Just another day in the dumb Trump experience. So, for the sake of history, here is the government's redacted version of the recent warrant issued for the search of those documents at his club. Part of the justification for the warrant, was the signed affidavits of several individuals who claimed to have knowledge of the mishandling of the classified documents. I am not including the full PDF, because it somewhat lengthy, but history will bear the full story. And if I have nobody still following my blog, I have the full PDF that I can personally reference. Either way, it's all good. So, here are the first few pages, just for history sake. I, for the most part, like posting about current events. I got used to it, due to microblogging on Twitter, so it seems natural to continue to post about it here. I wish I was posting about some good news so bigly that it would take several entries on my blog to share it, but unfortunately this is where we have been since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015. Rolling around in the surreal, disgust and fear. This is not how I expected to feel when I reached the slightly over ripe old age of 60.

I've been semi-retired from bitching about Trump, and politics in general, since Joe Biden took office but this is something different. It's history. Unfortunately.
 

 






The affidavit is over 30 pages long. There was no mention of anything related to the nuclear program, but then a lot is redacted and it's common knowledge this affidavit does not contain all that was sealed in the warrant, so my nightmares continue, and I pray he never gets anywhere near the White House ever again, but I know, deep down, that free will is a double edged sword and God isn't going to send my Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl, just because I pray for it, or make the Republican party grow a soul, if its not their free will to do so.
 
And thereby lies the tale.


~Me
August 26th 2022



No comments: