Thursday, October 22, 2020

A Walk In An Autumn Garden Sculpture Garden

 

"Life is like autumn; short but colorful"

~Zain Baloch

When I first moved to Stockton, I was a fish out of water. Well, if you have been reading my blog, or following me on Twitter, for any length of time, you already know that. But I did try to learn my way around, so I subscribed to the town's newsletter, and jumped specifically into the part about great photo ops. I have been trying to visit each one, especially as I have become more familiar with the area. I have photographed parts of the Miracle Mile, the grounds of the University of the Pacific. The ample farm country, and of course the marvelous Mid-Century buildings downtown. Stockton has some stunning sunsets, and it also has awesome storms at times. Little by little I have achieved a fair degree of peace regarding our move. I am relaxing and settling in. Now, if I could be completely sure the world won't be ending at the hand of a madman... Donald Trump, everything will make sense again. Not thinking of politics, at least for a little while, would be nice. I won't be mentioning him again in this post. It's not about him, it's about the amazing statutes at the, Stockton Cambodian Temple (Wat Dhammararam).

 

 

 I have always wanted to visit this place, but somehow pushed it away. I have No idea why, perhaps I just needed to feel like I was the same size as everyone else, to find my way. I really don't know. But this week, I decided it was time to visit the temple grounds. It's vacation and my head is clearing a bit. I was surprised to see just how magnificent the statues were. Colorful and awe inspiring, they were placed all around the temple area, and as I walked through the sculpture garden, taking my photos, I felt at peace. It is a large property, so there was plenty of time to enjoy the time there. It was in the late afternoon, and the autumn sun played nicely with shadows, and lit up the autumn leaves as if they were on fire. It was a really nice experience. The one drawback was that the plaques on the statues were in Cambodian, but I am trying to find some information on them, and when I do I will either update here or post a whole new look at them. For now, I will simply share their beauty. They inspire peace, which we could all use right now. More soon. 

 

For now, enjoy!






 Today's Leaf Of The Day #30


~Carly

Stockton, California

October 21st 2020

No comments: