Friday, October 23, 2020

The Gifts Of The Witch Of Autumn Or Maybe Science

March 2020

Tilden Park, Berkeley, California 

"What is the name of your dream? A lovely wooden cottage in the middle of a forest? Or walking in an endless autumn path? What is the name of your dream? Don't give a name, always give a list! Fill yourself with dreams because dream is the path to reality."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

 

2020 was the worst year that I can remember, and it's not over yet. But one thing it did give me, was the ability to find Autumn leaves in every season. When I was a little girl, I used to believe there was an autumn witch that controlled such things. Unfortunately, I grew up and learned what really caused autumn to happen, but it was okay, science works nicely too. But this year was downright magical, witch or no witch! On my favorite trees, and in some new ones, I happily discovered leaves, there just for me! In other years I could find them up to March of the following year, but this year, science seemed to want Autumn as much as I did. Maybe my heart just needed it so much, the science said, "That's okay, we can do that for you." Or maybe there is a witch somewhere, answering my call for something to heal my heart, as it broke over a million little 2020 things. I am grateful either way!

 

January...


March...


September...



~Carly

October 23rd 2020

Stockton, California

No comments: