Friday, October 23, 2020

Autumn Grows In Everything

 

"Days decrease, and autumn grows in everything"

~Robert Browning



The last, thank God, debate between Trump and Biden takes place a little later tonight. I have no idea what to expect, and I am a bit apprehensive about it. No shit. Right? I've tried to create a 2020 Hellscape Bingo card, but I am just not creative enough to come up with any of what 2020 has thrown at us, including Guiliani's Borat fiasco!What the actual fuck was he thinking?Anyway, who knows what will happen. Up until now, Trump's attacks on Biden have been lame but there is still time for him to create a lot of mayhem and devastation, because he is displaying all the characteristics of a caged animal right now, so who the fuck knows where things will end up. 

Fuck.

Yesterday, I couldn't help but think of the marquee on the beautiful, historic, Grand Lake Theater, in Oakland. They have let their feelings be known over the years, and I have often driven by and been very impressed by their messages about voting. It resonated with me after the Supreme Court handed George W. Bush the election in 2001, and his attempts to fuck with the election in 2004, so when I saw this message back in September, I knew I would post about it closer to the election. The Republican party has become a bunch of thugs, not statesmen. When this time is over, the ones who worked to take Trump down really need to formally regroup and rebrand, because Trump did accomplish one thing, he sorted out the party players. I still wouldn't turn my back on any of them, but right now, the enemy of my friend is my friend. 

Fuck. 


 The Leaf Of The Day #31


Rudy Guiliani Borat Fiasco

~Carly

Stockton, California

October 22nd 2020

No comments: