Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Season Of Desperate Hopes

 

"Autumn is a season of desperate hopes.The leaves are souls begging to turn life on pause. Begging to stop, begging to take a break, hiding under smiles and childish words."

~Teodora Savr

Listen To The Leaves


I feel restless. Like a leaf waiting to fall, but never quite finding the time or will. We are all walking around on the schedule of others. I want the election over with, yet I am terrified to think about November 3rd... and what comes next. The last four years have been HELL. It has ruined holidays for people. For others it was sleep, or even just the previously common Monday, or spring. Full seasons. Relationships. You get the idea. Its a little different for everyone I guess. For me it's a little of everything, and so I have to wonder if that's! why I have been sick, every single Christmas since we bought this house! I guess we will never know. Anyway... completely off topic, sorta, here is a brand new mid-century hotel sign, from Lodi, California. Most likely the 50's. The era Trump is stuck in. The hotel appeared haunted to me... I think I know why. We are all ghosts right now, restless, tired and not at all sure of anything, but desperatly hoping that we will find out way out of the darkness.

 




 ~Carly

Stockton, California

October 20th 2020

No comments: