Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Welcome To Autumn 2020 And The Leaf Of The Day

"But when fall comes, kicking summer out on it's treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. 
It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and the things he has done since last he saw you."

~Stephen King
Salem's Lot

Finally... we cross over. It's autumn. I feel safer, and yet I have never been more frightened. Worldly events make it seem and feel like if I go to sleep, I won't wake up. Killed at the hands of a madman. I kinda like a world with autumns. Where I can have my cats, my familiars, my photography and home. My love. My morning sun. This is the autumn I need to heal me. But maybe it's too much pressure to put on this one season. Still, if all goes well, I will get a six month nap, and I never sleep better, than I do in autumn, so there's that. But hey, we are here now, so I am going to enjoy the autumn light for as long as fate allows it.


~Carly
September 22nd 2020
Stockton, California

No comments: