Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Three Moons But Not The Right Moon

"The moon is a loyal companion.
It never leaves. It's always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Ever day it's a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. 
 Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections."

~Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me


 There was a very special eclipse this past weekend. It was the Full Wolf Moon, and a total lunar eclipse, making it a blood moon! I mentioned it earlier in the week, but alas, true to form, if I mention a special event, it will become inevitable that I will not be able to photograph it. And I wasn't. In fairness, I knew the weather was going to be stormy, but I also thought that there just might be enough of a window between weather cells to allow for at least a few photos, but it just didn't work out. Shrug. On the bright side of things, I was able to do some photos of the amazing storm that rolled through. It produced a tornado warning for about two hours.

That was pretty exciting! And as you might have guessed, I was able to photograph some amazing cloud formations. Now, with those safely in the files, I can assure you I will be posting them over the next few days! I am really enjoying the new subject of clouds, so much so that I think it will keep me busy for most of the year! There, that's the closest as I get to guaranteeing clear weather for the rest of the year, mention within earshot of the photography gods, that I like photographing clouds! LOL. I wonder if the photography gods are named, Murphy?





~Mood: Happy
~Me 

No comments: