Wednesday, January 23, 2019

After The Storm Comes The Sunset

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."

~Rabindranath Tagore
Stray Birds

Okay, so as I mentioned in my last post, my chance at photographing the blood moon was completely washed out, by a fairly active storm cell. It contained a tornado cell, or two, so as you might imagine, it had all the elements necessary to produce a really stunning winter sunset... and that's just what happened. A really gorgeous sunset! So, the day ended up being a bit of a trade off, sunset beauty, rather than lunar beauty. As disappointed as I was in not getting to photograph an eclipse, I was thrilled with the late afternoon sky. It all worked out, and besides, I will get another chance to photograph a blood moon, in May of 2021. That's not so long away! Who knows, perhaps by then, I will have an awesome telescope, and will be able to photograph more than just an blood moon eclipse!

Stormy Sunset Gallery 
January, 2019



I am beginning to really enjoy winter's light!


~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

 

No comments: