Thursday, January 24, 2019

Opportunity Storms

"Birds were created to record everything. 
They were not designed just to be beautiful jewels of the sky,
 but to serve as the eyes of heaven."

~Suzy Kassem
Rise Up And Salute The Sun: The Writings Of Suzy Kassem 


Last weekend, as I was chasing the storm around the Central Valley, I had lots of opportunities to photograph different subjects. Clouds. Cows. Light and dark shadows, and, of course, birds. I found two different species that stood out, the Savannah Sparrow, and a Red Tailed Hawk. Of the two, I think I enjoyed this bird the most. There were about 40 of them, all eating in, and around, some small bushes on the road to the Rancho Seca Recreational area, near the town of Herald, California. This little bird was in some bushes, facing the now closed, twin towers, of the Rancho Seco nuclear power plant. That particular site is one of my favorite destinations in the Central Valley, to do sunset photos, as well as, doing a little bird watching. Over time, for some reason, I have found the towers themselves, to be quite photogenic, and I have developed a fondness for them. Weird. I know! I am snot sure why I enjoy them so much, but they make me feel comfortable, and safe. Shrug. I have no idea why, but I thank God for it! I will take the inspiration and be grateful!


Rancho Seco Nuclear Power Plant
Rancho Seco Recreational Area
Herald, California
January 20th 2019

~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

 

No comments: