Friday, January 25, 2019

Acceptance

"I live in a place that's only good for leaving."

~Courtney Summers
Sadie

In case you haven't noticed, I have posted more this month, the first month of 2019, than I did last year at this time. In fact, this is the most posts in January, since 2015! What changed? Well, I am finally comfortable in my life. The most comfortable as I have been since moving. I am not 100% happy, that probably won't change until Trump is out of office, but I am comfortable in the house, and in Stockton. I have learned to venture out of the house, and find my way around, and I have some confidence in my photography as it applies to my semi-rural existence. I have gotten used to San Francisco not being a heartbeat away. I have stopped fighting my grief. I guess I have finally reached the acceptance of my situation, that will finally help me heal.

Acceptance... the 5th and final stage of grief, is the most important step to regaining your life, is perhaps the most difficult of the 5 to achieve, at least it was for me. It is, however a necessary evil, and by having let go, I have completed the necessary steps to feel free from the overwhelming hatred I felt for 2015. I think I feel better, but at the same time, I feel an familiar feeling of sadness for what's been left behind. San Francisco is my love, but at least my new town, of Stockton, and I can be friends! Finally! So, here is a new gallery of photographs from the Central Valley, taken last Sunday, during that fascinating storm that came through he Big Valley. So much light. So many clouds. And the beautiful rural towns, a little bit east of my new home!

Sights From The Central Valley Towns

Ione, California



Herald, California


I am already looking forward to the next winter storm!

~Mood: Happy
~Me 
 

No comments: