Friday, December 07, 2018

Late Autumn Daydreams Of Winter And Summer

Snow Mail
March 3rd, 2018
Placer County, California
Nikon
 
"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."
 
~Lewis Carroll
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
&
Through The Looking Glass
 
We are getting late in the year, so this post consists of photos that I took this past year, and for whatever reason I chose to not post. Some of them probably didn't fit with the subject I was addressing, or maybe I just wasn't feeling particularly creative in the moment, who knows? But I learned a long time ago, from my friend Steven, that it's always a good idea to go through your photographs at the end of a year, and take a second look around. You might just find a gem, here and there, that will touch something inside you, long after the original moment of inspiration is over. I learned so much from him, sigh, I miss him very much! By the way, if you look very closely at the snow photo above, you will see a few little flakes of snow that were beginning to fall, just as I took the picture. It made me so happy inside, to have that moment really come together!
 
White Prickly Poppy
June 17th 2018
Cull Canyon
Nikon
 
#76 Leaf Of The Day
December 7th, 2018
Photographed  November 21st 2018
Sacramento, California
Samsung
 

 

~Mood: Quiet
~Me 

No comments: