Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Autumn Haiku

November the seventh
The last
Faint cricket 

Jack Kerouac
Book Of Haikus



On a pretty day last month, Alan and I drove up to Sacramento to see if autumn had arrived yet. Sacramento is known as the City of Trees, and trust me, it is. I have never seen another major city in California, that has as many trees as Sacramento does! Every kind of tree you can imagine, can be found there, which makes Sacramento just plain stunning in autumn! The series of photos in this post were taken in the middle of October, which means the colors had not kicked in yet, and the sun and air was still hot. So, while the color in the leaves may have been lacking, I can't complain, because all was not lost, I was instead treated to the silly little bugs of summer!

 Ordinarily, for me, it's all about the leaves, but on this day it was about the beautiful art piece, that sat on the lawn in front of historic Crocker Mansion, and the little ladybug, that was playing on the gorgeous wrought iron fence surrounding the property. And okay, it was a little bit about the leaves, and this beautiful one in particular, but it just felt like the best of everything, coming together, in a beautiful early autumn season memory! There are very few bugs I miss, when the chill of autumn sets in, but ladybugs aren't one of them! They, in my opinion, do such wonderful work, by consuming destructive aphids, and without aphids, there are no ants. Give me a garden of ladybugs every summer, and I'll be a very happy gardener!

 This is a beautiful sculpture, but unfortunately I was unable to locate the name of it, or the artist. I will continue to try to discover it's information, and if I do, I will update this post!


 #46 Leaf Of The Day
November 6th 2018
Photographed October 11th 2018
Tilden Park, Little Farm
Berkeley, California

 

No comments: