Tuesday, January 02, 2018

2018 Or Whatever (The Elephant In The Tree)

"Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, 
 but then, for the love of God, tell a joke."

~Joss Whedon

Do You See The Elephant In The Tree?

It's 2018! How the actual HELL did that happen? I was so sure that we, America, wouldn't make it out of 2017, but somehow, someway, we did! I am exhausted, but not disappointed in our fortunate luck of surviving the first year of the Trump presidency, but here we are, in the second day of the second year, although it won't technically be the second year, until after January 20th, but whose counting?

Anyway, I was going to post a nice New Year's reflection on December 31st, but I caught a cold, or something, that laid me out in a coma like state for most of the weekend, and by the time midnight came around, on New Year's Eve, I could barely raise my head to kiss Alan a HAPPY NEW YEAR kiss!

My temperature fluxed a little, and my body ached like crazy, and as I said, I was in a coma like condition, but to be honest I am not really sure if I was truly sick, or just suffering from Trump fatigue at the end of what had been a very long, stressful year of crazy! As I sit typing this, I am barely able to do so, because I still feel achy and tired, but I just need to do something normal, because I could see myself just staying in bed, the rest of my life.

So is it a cold, or is it Trump fatigue?
Can you run a fever with Trump fatigue?

Shrug.

Anyway, tomorrow will come around, and it will be another day on earth... I guess. And we will all come through it, minute by minute. Come what may, it's mostly out our hands, but thankfully I have my camera in one of those hands. I just need to fight off whatever is attacking my body right now, be it Trump, depression, or possibly something else. It's cold. And it's January, but at least that's normal!

By the way, the photo in this post was taken on December 10th 2017, and is one of my last autumn photos of 2017. I couldn't resist posting it! It will appear in both Flickr albums for 2017 and 2018.


 Mood: Tired/Achy
~Me
 

No comments: