Tuesday, November 28, 2017

If Autumn Had A Schoolhouse

"Come, little leaves," said the leaves one day, "Come to the meadows with me and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; For summer is past, and the days grow old."

~George Cooper


I spotted this little bench, one day when Alan and I were visiting Rainbow Orchards, in Apple Hill. For some reason, it kind of reminded me of where a spirit teacher would sit, if teaching a class about nature, but autumn specifically. I don't know why really, it's just the image that flashed in my head. I think it's probably just a place for the owners to sit, and relax, or take a little time to enjoy the amazing autumn scenery, and the spicy smell of fresh apple cider donuts, being made just a few feet away, at their bakery/kitchen. 

Believe, me there is nothing like the smell of cartons of fresh apples, being pressed, and filled with spices, of cinnamon, clove and brown sugar, all coming together, in a warn apple donut! But I couldn't shake the image of a spirit, or autumn soul, surrounded by autumn leaves, playing with them, and encourage them to shine, and show off their beautiful colors, until that day, when it's time to go home.If the picture at the top is an autumn leaf schoolhouse, then the pictures below are of the leaves running, and floating about the playground, waiting for the school bell!


#28th Leaf Of The Day
November 28th 2017
Apple Hill, Camino, California
 

Mood: Happy
~Me

No comments: