Sunday, October 08, 2017

Oh Sweet October

#8 Leaf Of The Day
October 8th 2017
Stockton, California
 
"This tree must be falling for me, as soon as I sat under it, it dropped it's leaves. Oh sweet October."

~Charmaine J. Forde

I love the colors in this leaf. I loved it so much, in fact, that I decided to use it as my main post today, rather than post it along with a different subject. The colors remind me of Christmas, which will be here soon enough, but what is really intriguing to me, is how dark the leaf is, considering we aren't that far into autumn. Usually Dogwoods have a lighter colors this time of the season, but I found one in downtown Stockton, that was covered with the darkest colors I have ever seen on a Dogwood tree. It didn't have the almost neon look trees tend to get, but it did have it's own unique beauty, and I think I will be visiting it often this season, and maybe I will do a full post on it's progress. We'll see! In any case, it definitely lifted my spirits to find it!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

 

No comments: