Monday, October 09, 2017

What Is Beauty?

"Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end."

~Remy de Gourmont

In my past autumn leaf collections, I have chosen only leaves with very little damage to them, to make the collection as beautiful as possible, but this year I have come to appreciate the brown and withered ones just as much as the ones bright with color! I almost passed up this pretty little leaf, because it's obviously missing some of it's natural shape, but it struck a cord with me, and it was so pretty against this background, where I found it, that I just had to feature it! This leaf lived it's life, and served the tree it was on, and just because it was no longer completely intact, was no reason for it not to have it's day! It should be appreciated and enjoyed for the life it lived. I think I identified with it somewhat, so this year I might feature more imperfect leaves, because there are no rules when it comes to natural beauty! At least there shouldn't be, right?




Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: