Thursday, October 12, 2017

Beauty Unrivaled! A Love Story Of Napa and Sonoma Counties

"Things don't ever stay the same.
 Natural beginnings come to natural or unnatural ends."

~Kristin Cashore
Fire

My heart is completely broken, as I write this post. The devastating wildfires currently burning in the North Bay area are taking homes, and businesses with a deep demonic passion! When all is said and done, it will be the biggest, costliest fire in California history! It has ruined lives and ruined dreams. It has destroyed some of the most beautiful counties in California, the towns that produce the delicious Napa Valley wines and so much more. I can't say enough about the natural beauty I have witnessed in those vineyards, of each leaf of autumn, and each grape ripening on the vine! Also the fun of the bits of whimsy, around Santa Rosa, in particular, when I photographed the Snoopy "Joe Cool" Summer in 2007.

 Every single theme you can think of went into those sculptures, and Alan and I took a day and chased them around Santa Rosa, enjoying the day, and giggling as we found each one on the map. That's Santa Rosa. That's Napa, County, and we have had amazing fun in Sonoma County as well. It's a little something for everyone up there. Winery's. Dairies. Vineyards. Art. The whole area is in my heart, and my heart is completely broken right now. The one good piece of information I can hold onto right now is that as of the time of this post the Charles M. Schulz Museum is untouched. A little good news, that I am so relieved about in the midst of this terrible tragedy!

I send the people of the North Bay my LOVE and Friendship!

#12 Leaf Of The Day
September 28th, 2017
Stockton, Ca 

Snoopy "Joe Cool"

 
Mood: Sad

~Me 
 

No comments: