Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's A Boy!

"It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens."

-Cynthia E. Varnado

Meet Hendrix! :)

It's a boy! Yesterday, Alan and I adopted a new baby. His name is Hendrix. Yes, just like Jimi Hendrix! He is a ball of fluff and kisses. He is smart, and quick, and he is an absolute joy! One minute he can be playing and jumping with his catnip toys and the next minute he can be found purring softly in our arms. He sat for 2 hours this morning, in Alan's arms, as he worked on the Internet, and when he heard my voice he came bouncing into the bedroom, and up on the bed to greet me with paws and kisses. Hendrix is a wonderful kitten, and I am looking forward to a lifetime with him!

There will be many, many stories to share as we learn all about each other. He already has an amazing story to tell, about what his life was like before we found each other. I will share more about that in another entry. For now I just wanted to introduce my new baby to all of you. My baby Hendrix! There is a lot of happiness in our house once again! Stay tuned... there's more to come...

-Carly

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carly,
He is adorable.
Love,
Kat

Cindy said...

Lucky Hendrix, he's adopted the best parents out there!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your new baby and a cool name as well. He is just adorable!!! I wish you many years of happiness. It makes me so happy to see a kitten find a loving home.

I have about 40 cats, all of which were rescued or feral. Half of them live in a luxurious cat house and the others are in my house, my moms house or other cat houses on the farm. I have a special place in my heart for cats and love a happy ending.

Enjoy your new baby. I look forward to hearing more and definately seeing lots of pictures.

Mike said...

Congrats on the new kitten! I'm sure he will be a blast. I like that you kept the musical theme for the name.

Jan AKA Wammy said...

His little funny face makes me smile. Don't you just love a new kitten. Sounds like he has already settled in.

Julie said...

He is so cute, nothing like a small kitten to assure laughs

Tammy Brierly said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Congrats on your adorable kitty!

gina said...

awww...he is very precious! congratulations!!

Suzanne R said...

What a cute baby! Congratulations, and welcome, Hendrix! You couldn't have come to a more loving home.

Monica said...

I love that photo of Hendrix! He's simply adorable! I look forward to hearing his story.

Monica

Sandra said...

Oh what a little cutie... He has a personality already
Sandra

MyMaracas said...

Yay! A new kitten! He is absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you found each other.

Hugs,
Vicki

Laura said...

welcome Hendrix!

Steven said...

Yay! Welcome Hendrix :-) Pretty yellow eyes! My goodness, look at them claws!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hendrix!! It is a pleasure to meet you! You are one handsome lucky little kitten:)

SolitaryDancer said...

Just precious!

Deb

DesLily said...

congratulations on your new baby Carly! He sure is a cutie! I hope he gives you many many years of love and laughter!

Jama said...

He's so cute!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I noticed you have Hendrix on the side now with your avatar. He's such a handsome little guy. Love the name as well. What a joy that he chose you (I truly believe in the bigger scheme of life they choose us, instead of the other way around)...to love and cherish. Welcome Hendrix to your new life! (Hugs)Indigo

IndigoSunMoon said...

Oh Carly! He's so cute! I believe Elvis sent him to you.
I'm so happy you have a new friend, and he is going to find out quickly that he has the greatest Mommy and Daddy in the world!
Love,
Connie

Patrick said...

Congratulations...I'm so glad you didn't wait until after the holidays. Hendrix needed you just as much as you and Alan need him.

And as I told you on the phone, Elvis is overjoyed for you both. :)