Friday, April 20, 2007

This That And The Other Thing...

Don't join book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."

-Dwight David Eisenhower

Bookiness...

As my dear old AOL Journals friend Slomo would say, "Happiness is a big box of books from Amazon.com." LOL. Well, it wasn't exactly a big box of books I ordered, only 4, but it was a moment of happiness for me when they came yesterday! It is going to be cold and rainy for several more days, so, I think I will be spending some time in a good book or three. These should be kinda fun, they are going to be my light spring reads this year, four little murder mysteries to take me into summer, when my energy level will be back to a more normal level. With my energy up, I know I will be out with the camera. I already have some tentative plans to visit Santa Rosa again, to photograph this year's Peanut's character sculptures that will dot the whole town. This year will feature, "Joe Cool." I am really looking forward to that, but this will be the art projects final year, so it will all be a little bittersweet.

Sidebar Tsunamis...

I finally fixed the sidebar woes I had been having. As it turns out, it wasn't that difficult, seems I have installed a wacky hit counter a few weeks ago, that didn't play nice with FireFox. It suddenly stopped working a couple days ago, so I installed a new one, after looking through about a hundred or so. Sheesh. So many of the free counters have so many ads attached. Sigh. I finally did a little blog jog about the land to get an idea of what my pals have been using, and found one I can live with over at Patrick's Place. Thanks Patrick. :) While I was fixing the sidebar woes, I also installed a few new nifty objects for my sidebar. If you take a peek you will find a Zodiac for Cancers, like myself, a New Yorker Cartoon of the Day, a Fortune Cookie, and a New York Times Crossword Puzzle. :) I hope you guys like the changes, don't be afraid to leave me some feedback. :) Go ahead... I can take it!

Media Matters...

I am having the hardest time shaking the sadness I feel over the events at Virgina Tech. I don't watch every news show airing information on it, but it seems it is everywhere, and probably will be for another couple weeks or so, at least until the next horrific event takes place. The news has certain responsibilities, they bring us the news, good, bad or otherwise, and it is my or our responsibility to turn it off once in a while. NBC is taking a lot of flack for airing the disturbing video made by that young man, the day of his rampage. I think it was news the first day, but to continue to air the tape is, at this point, just wrong on so many levels. We must stop making celebrities of the individuals that come out of every tragedy.

I Can't Remember If I Can Remember Or Not...

Come on Mr. Attorney General...the truth would be nice please. :) There, I asked nicely and all. Come on, you can do it! Alberto Gonzales claimed to have a faulty memory so often, that a spectator to the proceedings began to keep a crude tally. In all, Gonzales couldn't remember 71 times. Sigh. Suggested reading: "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Improving Your Memory." It's available at Amazon.com for the modest price of $16.10. Maybe that can be his light spring reading. :) I wish Karl Rove would step up and be a man. He needs to testify before congress, or admit his wrong doings and step down. Sigh. It's really that simple.

I Think A Restraining Order Might Be In Order...

Rosie... darlin... Barbara... darlin... I admire how you have tried to take the high road where Donald Trump is concerned, but really, you guys need to consider a restraining order against the oaf. In his latest attempt to snipe at Rosie, and further demonstrate his complete lack of class, he sent Barbara Walters a certain unmentionable, which was once worn by Rosie in a movie. Enough ladies. Show your strength present THE DONALD with a restraining order. It's just time to stop that stalker in his comb-over tracks! Rosie, I may not always agree with you, but you don't deserve to be treated this way. Don't be his victim.

One More Observation...

Life is too damn short. We have to stop obsessing on the tragic lives of celebrities, such as Anna Nicole Smith, and who her "Babydaddy," is or isn't. We have to start spending time in the real world, and get to know who we live next door to. If for no other reason, then maybe to feel safe.We need to find out why so many teenagers are currently prescribed anti-depressants, and not just be glad that it is apparently safer for them to take them than we once thought. We have to push for a national gun control law, and we have to push for mental health awareness. Common sense people.

Just my opinion about things... I could be wrong.

-OndineMonet
"Books"
Berkeley, California
April 19th, 2007
Evening

3 comments:

DesLily said...

we must be on the same wave link.. I just got some books from Amazon too! lol..

sunflowerkat said...

Wow....your side bar just goes on, and on, and on! Very cool my dear!

Do you ever hear from Slomo? I sure miss her.

Suzanne R said...

I received an Amazon gift certificate from my kids today! I just bought a lot of books so I may go with some other items, but good books are wonderful! Enjoy yours!