Tuesday, November 08, 2016

History... Made Daily

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

~Issac Asimov 

We are finally here. When all is said and done, at the end of today, history will be made. We will have elected either the first woman president, or the first reality star to make it to the presidency. Reality TV? Has it finally gotten to the point that folks can't tell what's real and what isn't? Email? Good thing or the DEVIL? And what about Twitter? Should there be an emotional maturity level that has to be reached before you can use it?

Shrug.?.

No matter which way the election goes, we will revisit those questions at some point in the near future. Right now I want to go and edit some photographs I took this past week. I want to get a nice, long, hot shower. I want to pet the cats and play laser mouse with them. I want to eat some popcorn, with extra butter, and play my favorite music really loud! I want to dance. I want to sing into a hairbrush. I want to play WordBird. I want to just relax for a little while before I go to bed, because later today will have it's moments, good and bad, and I can only imagine what the history books will say about this chapter in American politics. In American life. 
Today...
History will be made.
 Just like it does at the stroke of midnight every single day. 

 Leaf Of The Day
November 8th 2016




Mood: Hopeful

~Me :) 

No comments: