Monday, August 06, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 88 ~ Humor And Then Some + Dancing With Woody Allen



The story so far...

In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of the people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.

~Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

WOOOO FUCKING HOOOO WOOT WOOT!

Sorry, as I write this, the Mars rover, Curiosity, has just landed. Now, do you think it will capture any little green men? Or will it be little grey men? I wonder if Marvin is home? Wouldn't it be a trip if he was? Speculate on that for a while. LOL.

Enough Already...

Okay, I suppose I should say upfront, my focus is all over the place at the moment. I am saddened, that once again, someone decided to kill people for attention but I am not going to dwell in the heartbreak right now. There is still a lot about what has happened we don't know. The details will reveal themselves soon enough, and when they do, we will be told we can't even try for a better world, because the rights of the NRA are more important than my right to not have to worry that the person beside me has an assault rifle.

Enough. Already!

A New York Moment... San Francisco Style.




Alan and I have a dream. We would like to hit Mega Millions Lottery, and move to New York City. LOL. Who doesn't, right? But understand, it's not the money, well maybe it is  a little, but it's also it's because we would love to live our lives, with the financial freedom to just enjoy each others company, without fear of state mandated furloughs, or having to save in case one or both of us should suffer a catastrophic illness one day. We both daydream about visiting every Starbucks in Manhattan. Buying season passes to all the Broadway shows. Going to the Carnegie Deli for a giant corned beef sandwich, followed by a little leaf peeping in Central Park. Oh, and one more thing, the thrill of possibly of looking up from our Carnegie Deli Cheesecake, to see Woody Allen, enjoying a sandwich of his own, just across the room.

That is my dream New York minute.

It's not super likely that will ever happen. Let's face it, the odds of actually hitting the lottery is pretty darn slim, although we came pretty close a couple weeks ago when we hit 4 out of six numbers, and were awarded the sum of $193.00. Ooh... so close and yet so far. LOL. But something amazingly awesome has happened recently in the City By The Bay, which could have been a close answer to my New York prayers,. Woody Allen decided to film his next movie right here. Right here in San Francisco. Awesome! I looked into perhaps being an extra in his film, I do have an extensive uncredited resume of acting rolls that could make me a great candidate. I have appeared in not just one, but two films about Major League Baseball. I starred alongside Danny Glover and Tony Danza in Angels In The Outfield, and Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill in MoneyBall.

But, alas, when I visited the "Extras Wanted" page for Woody's film, the casting call was for a... Clean Cut, Upscale, Conservative, Well Dressed... . A man? Man! Sigh. I would play anything Woody asked me to play, but I don't think I could carry off Upscale Conservative... from Marin? A conservative from Marin? Does Woody know that there aren't any conservatives in Marin? LOL. Oh I kid the filmmaker... but seriously... CONSERVATIVES IN MARIN? I can't wait to see how THAT plays out on the big screen. LOL. Sigh. Shoot... when will I get the chance to be in a Woody Allen movie again?

Maybe after I hit the Mega Millions Lottery... and move to Manhattan. 

LOL.

Typical.

LOL.

5'9 Beautiful Tall

Now, about the picture at the top of the post. Funny story... Alan and I had been in the car ALL DAY. We got up at the crack of 3 AM and drove to Reno, Nevada, which is about a 4 hour drive, if you obey all the laws. We had reservations at the Atlantis, and check in time was 4 PM. While we waited, and waited and finally decided to kill some time in Virginia City, which is about a 30 minute car ride up the hill. We got there, walked around, played some slot machines, but it was still 3 hours before check in. We started to get a bit fussy with each other, as familiarity and a 5 hour car ride will do to people, and we started nit-picking at each other. Pretty soon, we found ourselves in a ridiculous argument about whether or not, Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress was performed by the Hollies.

It was.

Finally, we just stopped talking all together. It was more fun to seeeeeth.

And then, there it was! That sign with the double meaning. LOL. We didn't have to say a word, with both LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the same time. Suddenly, NO MORE FUSSING. In that moment, the humor was much more important that any stupid argument. Our humor, is what keeps our marriage young and fresh, and I thank GOD for it every day.

:) I am still smiling. 

And by the way, I am going to San Francisco on Tuesday to stalk... I mean... hope to see Woody Allen. He is going to be in the Marina district. It will be a New York Minute when his eyes meet mine, just with a bit of San Francisco flavor. Like Rice A Roni, our meeting will be a San Francisco treat. LOL. 

Uh huh.

"Ever notice 'WHAT THE HELL?' is always the right answer?"

~Marilyn Monroe

~Me :) 

(Please switch to Firefox to view videos)

And Now, The Hollies, Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress...



Woody Allen... The Moose

 


Today's Links...

Jr
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-85-86.html

Jama
Sweet Memories


1 comment:

jr cline said...

Good luck with the stalking. Hope you're planning on being at least a little pavarazzi. :-)
I don't know if I told you this, but I lived in Nicasso for a number of years. I had a really good time living there. It was on a big ranch. Back then I lived in s converted school bus so I could move around. I like Marin.

link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-87.html