Tuesday, August 07, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 89~ 62 And Falling



"The redwoods, once seen, leave a mark or create a vision that stays with you always. No one has ever successfully painted or photographed a redwood tree. The feeling they produce is not transferable. From them comes silence and awe. It's not only their unbelievable stature, nor their color which seems to shift and vary under your eyes, no they are not like any trees we know, they are ambassadors from another time."

~John Steinbeck

 

John Steinbeck loved California. Can you tell? I believe he was as much in love with it as I am. Oh, I talk a good game about winning the lottery and jumping head first into New York City, but I know deep down that it wouldn't take very long before I would be hurting from head to foot, not with Fibromyalgia pain, but rather deep homesickness for my beautiful Bay Area, and points along the California coast.



I love every single inch of it. It's people in general I can't stand. It's humans that mucks things up. But that's hardly a new story, humans have been ruining it for everyone, since the invention of humans. Still, knowing that doesn't help a lot. Sometimes I think I could be very happy in my own little cottage, high on a hillside, kinda like Hearst Castle, just me, Alan and the boys. But like everything, it has it's downside too. From what I understand Hearst Castle is invaded by tarantulas, lots of them, every year about this time. 

Even the pool.

Blech.

The only thing that could make me glad to be overrun with humans, is the prospect of being overrun by tarantulas. 

Blech.

For now, when I need to feel like I need a bit of a getaway, I will stick with Tilden Park, and the small redwoods in the Botanic Garden. But I will keep the Giant Redwoods up north on my Photography Bucket List.



~Me :)

Today, Tuesday, I plan to be in San Francisco stalking Woody Allen. Hopefully I will get to go to the city as planned, but yesterday I had a problem with my blood glucose levels. My body was trying to send me into hypoglycemic territory. I wasn't feeling well when I got up, and after checking my blood I saw that had registered 62, and it continued to fall. But, 1 bottle of apple juice, and 1 large drink of OJ and I recovered nicely. So, if all goes well I will have some new photos tomorrow night, if not, then I will probably go in Wednesday instead. So... wish me luck. Because, how often will I have the opportunity to stalk Woody Allen... right?

~ Me Again :)

And Now, Today's Link...

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-87.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Lovely photographs.
Steinbeck was right. Redwoods changed the way I perceived a lot of things. A groove is a holy place as far as I'm concerned.
I hope the search for Woody went as planned and you are better.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-88.html