Wednesday, August 08, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 90~ A Day Late And A Lighthouse Short



"Anythin' for a quiet life, as the man said when he took the situation at the lighthouse."

-Charles Dickens

Yesterday, Tuesday, was National Lighthouse Day. I completely forgot in all the WoodyAllenNess, but just because it slipped my mind, doesn't mean I shouldn't pay it proper tribute. Right? And besides, several of the Bay Area lighthouses were named among the prettiest. And for good reason! Below is a nice gallery of some of my favorite shots, it's far from a complete gallery, I need to replace my lighthouse file with updated pictures, but that's just one more thing to keep me busy this next fall and winter. I am hoping to add a couple that are especially difficult to reach, when we take the plane trip in October. That would be a wonderful vantage point. I am looking forward to that!

First up... Pigeon Point Lighthouse, Pescadero, California





Point Montara Lighthouse, Montara, California





Alcatraz Lighthouse



Point Reyes Lighthouse, Point Reyes Station, California



Half Moon Bay Harbor Light



Walton Lighthouse, Santa Cruz, California



Surfer Lighthouse, Santa Cruz, California



Point Arena Lighthouse, Point Arena, California

From For Ellipsis


Lightship Relief, Jack London Square, Oakland, Ca





Point Pinos Lighthouse, Pacific Grove, Ca



Okay, that's all the lighthouses I have for tonight. On my big photo jaunt to San Francisco, and Marin County tomorrow, I have a couple brief stops planned to photograph a couple more. Well, anyway, that's the plan right now. Cross your fingers for me... it all depends on the level of sleep I reach tonight. It's amazing how much of my life centers around how well I sleep. 

It just is what it is.

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Nice lighthouses. I learned two things from this photo blog: there is a lighthouse day and there is such a things as a lightship. lol
I've been to two of the lighthouses: Point Reyes Lighthouse (for whale watching) and the Alcatraz lighthouse (I was one of the chaperones on a high school field trip).

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-89.html