~Ray Ferrer ( Tom Cruise )
Based on the book by, H.G. Wells
One thing is certainly true about Tom Cruise, he makes big screen movies. I didn't get a chance to see this movie in a theater during it's original run, only on the big screen TV almost 10 years after it's release, but I am sure it was spectacular to see, because even on my 32 inch tv, it was amazing! This is one of my favorite Steven Spielberg films, but I should also say, this might just be my favorite Tom Cruise movie. The trouble with that last statement is that I keep going back and forth about just which Tom Cruise film is my actual favorite! The man has made some excellent career choices when it comes to his films. Although, two of his best films are barely mentioned in passing, at least as far as I can tell, Magnolia, and Collateral. Anyway this version of the, War Of The Worlds, differs from the original 1952 version, as you might imagine, because of, well, special effects, obviously, but otherwise it is much more disturbing. Tim Robbins as Harlin Ogilvy, is noting short of nightmarish! He is a man who has broken from reality, but in his shoes, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have fared much better, and that's the haunting reality! Want a little bit of Halloween chills early? This movie is a pretty good start!
Are we ready to absorb the movies message yet? Probably not.




No comments:
Post a Comment