Saturday, August 01, 2026

Ellipsis Weekend Cooking... Zucchini And Tomato Tartlets

 
Zucchini and Tomato Tartlets With A Cheddar Crust - NYT - Recipe


"A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit.
 A savory fruit.
 A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits."

~ E. Lockhart



Oh my. Have you checked the latest food recall lists? The last thing I read about was. Reds All Natural Breakfast Burrito with Steak Cilantro and Lime. Sigh. Again, so far, my state of California hasn't been affected much regarding recalls, but I am pretty concerned about when that shoe will fall, and we will be right in the center of a doozy of a recall. But, for now, I am doing my best to not become too hypervigilant about this whole situation, but things are fairly spooky. 

Mr. Stripey

Anyway, how about a nice little tomato and zucchini tart, or two, to enjoy on a lovely summer afternoon? I love tomatoes in summer and fall, Heirloom tomatoes like Mr. Stripey in particular. They're all good! In fact our love for fresh tomatoes took on some added enjoyment, when we began our own tomato garden several years ago!  As far as I know tomatoes are not under recall, at least not as of the writing of this post, so why not enjoy some yumminess?

 Just wash, and cook, thoroughly!

The Spruce Eats has a really great guide to different tomato varieties.





No comments: