Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Ghost Cupcakes & Spider Soup

 

“What do Halloween creatures eat?
Hot spider soup with pumpkin meat
and toasted, no-salt, bat-wing chips,
served best with Transylvania dips.
A thistle-horehound salad mix
has added crunch from sun-dried ticks.
The plat du jour is hairy beast
fried crisp in grimy goblin grease.
Now, don’t forget dessert so sweet;
try puss-cream pie or candied feet!” 

~Richelle E. Goodrich,


I want to try all those dishes, and more. Maybe I will give it whirl this weekend. I have to make my monster bread too. I am really looking forward to that. I think it will a lot of fun and hubby and I always get a kick out of things like that! It's tricky though, as several worlds are currently colliding. The birds are returning. There are cheap movies coming up, and autumn drives through the county side. HALLOWEEN! Watching as many scary movies as possible. Leaf peeping...whew! And there is the ongoing tragedy in the Middle East, and Joe Biden's trip to Israel. It is such a tragic time, that I can't help but feel deeply sad inside.
 
There is still no Speaker of the House, which means for me that if there isn't a compromise on the debt ceiling, we could be facing the temporary closing, and shortened hours, of federal parks and reserves. The shutdown several years ago resulted in the inability to visit most of the parks under the Golden Gate National Recreational Area. Sigh. Just a few posts ago, I shared that I want to do it all this autumn, I want to taste it all. I want to see it all. Maybe I am asking too much, but any of it will do, as long as it eases some of my grief, and let's me catch my breath and forget how much I am hurting. And it would just be nice little time away from the scary goings on between Israel and Palestine.
 
 Lord, give me strength, and hear my prayers.
 

 

No comments: