Monday, October 02, 2023

American Goldfinch And The Last Of The Little Daisies

 

“Or maybe spring is the season of love and fall the season of mad lust. Spring for flirting but fall for the untamed delicious wild thing.”
 
~Elizabeth Cohen,
 
The last of summer remains on Woodbridge road, as all the roadside daisies, and American Goldfinch have all but disappeared. Soon, the geese and Sandhill crane will be the main feature, but you shouldn't ignore the little perching birds. I expect the Cedar Waxwing will be here soon. There are little berries on trees and bushes everywhere just waiting for the them to swoop in and gobble them up. I love it in the Central Valley. The nature is wonderful. I can't believe I just said that, I love it here! Especially in autumn... well... autumn is the only time I am really happy.
 



No comments: