Saturday, October 22, 2022

Least Sandpiper And Autumn Leaf Of The Day #31

 

"It was one of those days you sometimes get latish in autumn when the sun beams, the birds toot, and there is a bracing tang in the air that sends the blood beetling briskly through the veins."
 
P.G. Wodenhouse Jeeves And The Old School Chum
 
More from my visit to San Francisco, and Marin County. The tiny, yet fierce, Least Sandpiper, which is also the smallest of all sandpipers. So beautiful in flight, but then what bird don't I enjoy seeing flying? Especially in autumn? But there is something about these little birds. I am not sure why I feel so much affection for them, but I do know why I respect them so much. The oldest lived to be 15 years old, which is kinda stunning for something so fragile. This little 5 inch bird has survival power! Strength like that gets my love.
 


~Me

No comments: