Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Art About Town: San Leandro... "Truth Is Beauty"

 

"Eleanor was right. She never looked nice.
 She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."
 
~Rainbow Powell
Eleanor & Park
 
I have been wanting to photograph the beautiful piece of art, since it was installed at the San Leandro Tech Campus, way back in 2016! But, you know how 2016 went, so you understand why it was so difficult to make my way to the Bay Area to photograph any art, let alone this particular piece. Fast forward, and here we are in 2021 and things are looking up now. With the (knock wood) sale of the house, the future looks a lot brighter. I am planning on getting a car soon. If all goes well, it will be in less than a week, and there will be money this year for vacation, so hopefully I will be able to photograph as much art as I want, in as many different cities as possible. Art and birds. Those two subjects are my favorite photographic escapes. Oops, lets not forget autumn. Oh boy... I give up. There is just too much beauty in the world to actually play favorites. Right?
 
 We will see where this autumn takes us!
 
"Truth Is Art"
By Marco Cochrane
San Leandro Tech Campus
San Leandro, California
 





No comments: