Friday, December 11, 2020

Wendy And The Leaves

 

"It was one of those red-gold early October days, the air was crisp and tart, as a heady as applejack and even at dawn the sky was the clear, purplish blue that only the finest of autumn days brings."
 
Joanne Harris
Five Quarters Of The Orange
 

This is Wendy. She is the last of the teddy bear models for 2020. It has been a challenging year for coming up with something different to photograph, and autumn was a challenge, within a challenge. Long drives this year were difficult, because things from county to county were being handled different. Some have restaurants open. Some are observing all the rules, others aren't. But some of the ones who are taking it seriously, have decided on a system of fines for those not wearing masks or being outdoors, engaging in non-essential activities, when told not to. Most don't, but a few can make it bad for everyone.The parks were open, but now you need a reservation to visit Yosemite. It's a headache to do whats right, so I got out the Boyd's Bears collection and tried to do something new. I think it went okay.
 
 I will probably revisit it next year, because I think I can do a lot more with it. I had the idea to maybe feature a honey bear next time, and hopefully get a photo of just the bear's head, with the sun illuminating the crystallized sugar. We will see. The bear with the just the leaves is pretty nice too. The leaves this autumn were lovely, even with all the challenges of the red cast on everything from the wildfires. No need to fret over it, it was a part of this year. It was part of 2020's history, but it feels like we have all been living inside a Stephen King story, and who knows, maybe we have. I am tired. I am sad. I am scared. But I know that autumn will be waiting for me and on, September 22nd 2021, at 3:20 PM EST, I will be there, planning new autumn roads to travel.








~Carly
Stockton California
December 11th 2020

No comments: