Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Canada Goose

"I've always marveled that geese can feel a call stirring, rise on hardy wings to engage it, and without contemplation, compass or map complete the feat. And could it be that they achieve this astounding accomplishment because far too often contemplation, compass or map rob the call by sterile analysis when we should liberate the call through expectant obedience."

~Craig D. Lounsbrough

Victory Park, here in Stockton, is easily one of the most beautiful parks I have ever visited. It's not surprising, as the Haggin Museum sits right in the middle, as does a fairly large rose garden. I visited there for the first time in a couple years ago, just to sit for a while, get some air, and shake off the day. It was really nice, and not even the smokey air could spoil it. I got in some photography time, and there were plenty of birds to inspire me. I didn't see any Muscovy ducks this time, like I did in 2018, but there were plenty of ducks, swans and Canadian geese! The only thing that disappoints me is the orange color on most if not all of my photos. The wildfires have turned everything slightly orange. It feels like we won't have clean air until winter when the rain comes, but I know its just me wishing things were different. As Ommy used to say...

"... and this too shall pass."

New Leaves...


And the leaves continue to turn beautiful colors and fall,
 and if I have that, all may not be perfect in the world,
 but it's damn close.

More About Canada Geese
 
~Carly
September 16th 2020
Stockton, California
 
 

No comments: