Tuesday, September 15, 2020

No Parking Fire Lane

"Aprils have never meant that much to me,
 autumns seem that season of beginning, spring."

~Truman Capote
Breakfast At Tiffany's And Three Stories

This past week, I was treated to one of the happiest sights I have seen in a long time, a decent dusting of autumn leaves under one of my favorite Stockton trees! I have been here for 5 autumns now, and in all that time I have not seen autumn kick in as early as this one, but that's okay, I'll take it with a grateful heart. And actually it's not just Stockton, my favorite tree in Cull Canyon is also in full autumn leaf bloom this past weekend too. I am pretty happy, they are going to help my mood as we move closer to the election. I am hoping it's a good omen about how things will go. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I keep thinking about last year, when I couldn't find autumn, no matter how hard I looked for it. I figure Mother Nature owes us one!And it seems yellow is winning the race so far, and I am loving it!


So far I have mostly photographed leaves from a Liquid Amber tree, but I am planning a visit to Ione, California next weekend, where my favorite Judas tree is. I absolutely love their shape. Kinda like a fan, and kinda like a butterfly, in peaches, pinks, greens and yellows. In other words... the colors of autumn!

 Stay Tuned!


~Carly
September 14th 2020
Stockton, California

No comments: