Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The Last Of The Falling Leaves

"The smell of burning firewood and the molding of organic, earthly substances remind her of jumping wildly into the enormous leaf piles of autumns past and she suddenly wished that it was appropriate for someone her age to do such a thing."

Abby Slovin
Letters In Cardboard Boxes

September 24th 2014

Its a strange thing, because this year's autumn was so dull in comparison to most other years, but I seemed to have saved more leaves to a reserve file than in other autumns. I don't want to just let them go, I put some work into searching for them. So, I guess that means more last minute individual beauties to admire, which is kind of nice I think. I have also decided, for the first time, to add all remaining leaves, not featured as an individual, Leaf Of The Day, into the full gallery with a post Autumn 2019 G distinction. I decided to do this, not just because I had so many beautiful leaves left over, but because I had a lot of leaves in previous years that I should have found a way to include, but didn't. That was a shame. Every year has a unique beauty to hold onto, and I know one day I will maybe look back at 2019 and see it differently, but right now, everything just seems frustrating and dull. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I do know that 2014 was one of my best year's for finding autumn beauty, and I didn't think I could find anything more in that archived folder to love, but the other day I did! That kinda tells me that I will be seeing 2019 differently one day. 

At least I hope I will. 
 



And today's Leaf Of The Day
#86 Leaf Of The Day
December 17th 2019
Cull Canyon, Ca
LG Stylo



~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

No comments: