Saturday, October 05, 2019

Impressionist Art, On An Autumn Day, In Sacramento

"When everything looks like a magical oil painting,
 you know you are in Autumn."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

Last weekend, while I was in Sacramento searching for public art, and early turning trees, I spotted a really interesting building, which was being torn down. The side of the building, with it's exposed brick and painting chipping away, kinda made me smile. Not because it was fun to see yet another beautiful old building die, and take with it a little more local history, but rather because the way the paint and bricks were coming off the building, it reminded me of Claude Monet's paintings of poplar trees in autumn. I don't know maybe you don't see it, but I sure do! I love Monet, Renoir and Manet, and I see their work in the deterioration of this cool old building. Do you see a grove of Poplar trees? And do they have bright orange and red leaves, some of which have fallen to the ground in little piles. And there are a few purple ones too? Or do you just see a wall of bricks that have overstayed their welcome? Oh well, it's probably just me, I always see the most unusual things in autumn!

Poplars on the Banks of  the River Epte In Autumn
By Claude Monet
Oil on Canvas 1891

Impressionistic Poplars In Autumn
Sacramento, California
September 28th 2019 
Impressionist Filter

#13 Leaf Of The Day
October 5th 2019
September 28th 2019
Stockton, California
Nikon

~Mood: Happy
~Me  :)

No comments: