Saturday, October 26, 2019

Dreams Can Randomly Vanish

"Autumn is the greatest reminder: It reminds us how dreamlike beauties our earth has and it reminds us how all these beautiful dreams can randomly vanish!"

~Mehmet Murat ildan 


I'm feeling quiet. Alan and I were nearly in a car accident last night. We were coming back from Nevada City, on highway 99, when we came upon a car accident that had just occurred. It was three cars, in the center lane, and it looked bad. As we slowed down to pass, the car in the lane next to us, hit one of the cars that had just been hit! It hit the car at about 50mph without any brakes that we could see or hear. Parts of both cars flew everywhere, it spun and nearly hit us. It was on my side of the car, and I thought it was going to kill me.

 It was that close to my door. As it was, we ended up running over part of the fender that came off of the vehicle that hit the other cars. I am lucky and grateful to be alive. Seriously, I am not a fan of our vacation this year, and yet at the same time, if looked at through the lens of a slightly different perspective, it could be looked at as autumn is protecting me. After all, I can say this was the year I didn't die in a car accident on hwy 99, on October 25th, 2019. So with that perspective in mind, I am going to enjoy that beautiful sunset from a couple days ago, and just be grateful for every day!


#34 Leaf Of The Day
October 26th, 2019
Stockton, California
Nikon



~Mood: Rattled
~Me 


 

No comments: