Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Ice Fringe

"Water in all it's forms is what carries
 knowledge of life throughout the universe."

~Anthony T. Hincks 

The first of the ice-sickles I saw on the way to Lake Tahoe last Saturday, were in a small runoff from the mountains into the American river, which runs along highway 50. This particular photo was taken on the south fork of the river, which runs through part of the El Dorado National Forest, just south of Kyburz, California. It's an amazingly beautiful drive, and I have done a lot of autumn photos along this same stretch of highway, it never disappoints, but this was my first winter drive through there, and I have to say, winter really rivaled autumn for most breathtaking season specific scenery I have seen in a while! Winter will never replace magical autumn in my heart, but it certainly inspired me. Especially the way the ice formed fringe on these rocks! I absolutely loved the challenge of photographing them, and I want to do more photography very soon!


South Lake Tahoe
 


I am planning another trip to north in a few weeks, so keep checking back for more winter photos! Tomorrow I will post the last of my photos from last Saturday. There are still plenty of snow scenes to share with you!




~Mood: Happy
~Me   :)

No comments: