Monday, September 24, 2018

The First Autumn Sunset Of 2018 And The Leaf Of The Day

"That old September feeling, left over from school days of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air... another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer."

~Wallace Stegner
Angle Of Repose 

Okay, so, as it turns out, the Central Valley can put on quite a sunset that isn't half bad! I had gotten addicted to the sunsets in the Bay Area, especially as viewed from Ocean Beach, or the Berkeley Hills! Oh MY GOD... the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge was everything to me, but that's just not my reality anymore. And with Grandpa Crazypants AKA Donald John Trump, in the White House, who knows how many sunsets we will get! Right? 

Wait, I promised I wasn't going to dwell on His Orangeness, and anyway, I'd rather concentrate on the stunning sunset nature treated me to, on the very first day of autumn! I took this photo on the way back from a car ride to Ione, my new spirit spot in the valley. The ride out there from Stockton lets me process my thoughts and feelings, provoked by the world in general. I grab my cameras, put some tunes on the playlist and off I go!

I saw my first owl ever, on last nights drive! There he was, just sitting by the side of the road! Too bad I was passing him at 55 mph and didn't have the camera in my hand! LOL Anyway, I will see another one eventually, I am in the Central Valley now, and life is full of barn animals, GIANT SPIDERS, and glowy sunsets, just not sunsets over the Golden Gate Bridge. No, it's not HEAVEN out here, but it's not HELL either. It's somewhere in-between... like purgatory!

By the way, is there anything more lovely than sunset at a decommissioned nuclear power plant? Damn romantic too!

Rancho Seco Nuclear Power Plant
Central Valley
September 23rd, 2018
Twilight

LOL. 


#3 Leaf Of The Day
September 24th, 2018
Stockton, California

~Mood: Encouraged
~Me

No comments: